Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Wonder, Worry, or Rest???

I have come to a conclusion. My life is in limbo and I don't like it!!
Let me explain.

1. Husband is in school: this means that he isn't available for a lot of family (or me) time right now. Limbo = waiting for him to finally be done so he can be with us full-time again.

2. House purchase taking forever: this means that our buyer is still working out the details; this also means that it puts us in a holding pattern on our purchase of our new home. We were supposed to close on the both tomorrow, and now it is looking like it may be November before we move. Limbo = waiting for everything to come together and worrying that it might not all work out.

3. Homeschool is also being worked around the house thing. We took last week off to pack, but since we aren't sure of the moving date then packing has been put on hold and school is back on. The kiddos are a bit confused and liked our break a bit too much. It feels like we are starting the school year all over from the start again. Limbo = wondering what the next few weeks of school are going to look like.

4. Other situations in our life that are not yet resolved and we have big decisions to make about how to respond. Limbo = worrying about the unknown path God is leading us on.

Now let me tell you something about me. I have major control issues! Limbo is not good for that!! I have been very stressed out because I don't know how all this is going to play out. In praying through all these decisions God has revealed something to me... Limbo is great therapy for control issues. Now when I say great, I don't mean fun. I mean effective. I have learned that I must rest in Him, in His timing, in His plan, give Him control, AND LIKE IT!

I continue to practice resting in Him and trying not to worry about where He is leading us. I do still wonder, but more in expectation of the amazing things He has in store for us.

No comments: