Kaitlyn is learning about astronomy right now and we sat down last week to look at pictures online that the Hubble telescope has taken. She was fascinated, and - I must admit - so was I. We were able to sit and discuss the amazing beauty of creation and our Creator. She was amazed at how vast the universe is and, by contrast, how small we are. Yet, our Lord loves us so much more. It was very humbling for us both and a sweet time of discussing our God.
As we were wrapping up the discussion, we looked at pictures of all of the planets. We came across a picture of the red spot on Jupiter and I asked her what planet it was. She answered correctly and I asked her how she knew that. She said, "because of the big red spot." Before I could speak, she made a very keen observation.
And I quote...
"Mom, do you know what Jupiter and Sidney have in common?"
No. What?
"Jupiter has a big red spot on the bottom and Sidney has a big freckle on her bottom."
Wow- the observations of a 7 year old. We laughed very hard at this. Well - all of us but Sidney, she didn't seem to see the humor in it!
No comments:
Post a Comment