I had one of those memorable moments last night with Sam. Since he is my last baby, I think I treasure the sweet 'firsts' even more with him. I was tucking him into bed last night and I asked him to repeat his bedtime prayer after me. He is learning the "Now I lay me.." prayer. This was the first time he has said it all the way through and it was so precious to hear his version in Sam-dialect. My eyes were misting with tears as he whispered his sweet "amen." I was sitting with him on his bed and began to lean over to kiss him goodnight before I lost it completely, when it happened.
I don't know if he thought this whole thing was getting too mushy and he needed to liven it up a bit, or if this is just what I need to expect in my life with a boy, but - I didn't expect this...
As I leaned forward for that precious good night kiss and was expecting to hear "I wub you Mommy", instead I got Sam's finger right up my nose! Needless to say - I was a bit taken aback. He, on the otherhand, was laughing hysterically! Which, as I have found with young boys (and girls), created the toots! This only made him laugh more.
Although I think there is nothing sweeter than my children's laughter, my sweet memory of first prayers, was forever changed. But, I do know that I will never forget this one. Thank you sweet Sam for the wonderful memory!
No comments:
Post a Comment