There were many factors that played into our decision to homeschool our children. I knew it would be hard. Or - at least I thought I knew. In different phases of my life I have been a single working college student, a married working wife, a stay-at-home mom to babies, a full time working mom of 3, and now a stay-at-home homeschooling mom.
Can I just say that this is the hardest one yet?!? Each phase had its own challenges and hurdles. I know when I was working full time and parenting 3 kids at home, I thought my life can't get more complicated or busy than this. I WAS WRONG!!!
Homeschooling has presented its own challenges and blessings. I never knew the amount of organizing and scheduling that would be demanded of me. I have never felt pulled and needed by so many people at once. The constant demand of my time is exhausting. (I have to pause here to read Sam If You Take A Mouse To School)
I titled this post attitudes because that is our biggest challenge right now. Theirs and mine. God is working in our home in dealing with our hearts. I have been asking myself if I am pursuing Jesus Christ FIRST in everything I do. The answer is often - no. This is revealed in my daily life when I am frustrated or angry with the situation at hand. So many times when my attitude is wrong, it is because I am focusing on self and not Jesus. When will I ever learn?
My children are also having attitude problems. But you know something funny? They are mirroring back the same attitude problems I see in myself! The Lord has an amazing sense of humor and an interesting way of getting my attention. The same struggles I have had for years are the same ones I battle in my children now. I pray their hearts will seek Jesus first and above all else.
SO- Lesson of the day:
"Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers (Sisters), I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead. I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. ~Philippians 3:12-14
No comments:
Post a Comment