Monday, June 22, 2009

Going away...

For those of you who don't know yet, I will be leaving my job as Executive Director at the clinic as of the end of this month. The wonderful staff, volunteers, and board members threw me a surprise going away party today at lunch. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful group of supportive brothers and sisters in Christ. They have all made my time here at the clinic a very rewarding and sweet time in my journey of life.

God is working mightily here at the clinic. He has brought forth a wonderful woman to lead this clinic in its next chapter and I am excited to see where He takes it next!

God is also working mightily in me. He has called me to return home to devote myself fully to my family again. We have decided to return to homeschooling and I am really looking forward to it. The kids are counting down the days until Mommy is home again. Honestly- I think Terry is counting down the days until he has a full-time wife again too!

Homeschooling was hard the last time we decided to do it. I was pregnant with Sam and then had a newborn to manage while trying to homeschool a 5 year old and keep up with a 3 year old as well. I am looking forward to a different set of circumstances now. The girls are older and both in school and Sam will almost be 3 when we start. God has changed me so much in the past year and helped me to control my anger and frustration so much. He has released me from such bondage and I am free to be the Mom and Wife He has called me to be.

While I will miss the daily ministry of the clinic, I am looking forward to the daily ministry with my children. What greater opportunity to make an impact on the next generation than through my own children??

I will say though- God has not released me from ministering to hurting women. He has given me a vision for a new ministry. Not now. He is slowly giving me glimpses into what is to come. I believe these next years will be ones of immense growth and personal study for me so that when my family is in a place to allow me more time to minister outside of the home again, then He will grow this new vision.

Thank you Lord for how you have allowed me to be your hands and feet at the clinic. May you continue to bring hurting women to these doors and may they continue to find You when they enter in here. Please guide me in leading my children so that they may seek you above anything else.

No comments: