Thursday, May 28, 2009

Possessed Potty

We are trying to introduce the idea of potty training to Sam. Terry even went out and bought him a new potty that makes a trumpet call when something goes in the bowl. Needless to say, this is a bit scary for Sam. I mean - I think I would be a bit startled if my toilet announced to the world everytime I did something. Wouldn't you??

Well, last week he was trying to poo in the potty and when it hit the sensor and the trumpet call commenced, Sam proceeded to stand up (poo still attached) and scream. In the process of the standing and screaming, the poo was flung forward between his legs and landed in the bathroom floor in front of him. All I can say is that Sam proceeded to - meltdown status.

At this point, all I could do was try to calm him and keep him from not stepping in it.

Fast foward to tonight. I had not even attempted to get Sam to sit on the potty since the flying poo incident. He was beginning to sit on the potty and try to tee in it when it heralded its famous trumpet call. He stood up - looked very confused - and said "I not tee tee!" I told him not to worry about it and lets just climb in the bath. He got in and about 3 minutes later, the possessed potty trumpted again. He stood up in the potty and screamed, "Mommy! I tee teed in the potty!!!" He was so proud of himself that I couldn't bear to crush his enthusiasm.

Hopefully the pottytraining will get better. Hopefully.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

That's hillarious!! Poor Sam! But fun memories for you :)