Thursday, May 19, 2011

Changes are a comin'

Wow. I really need to update this thing more often. SO much has happened since my January post. So much. Terry and I have been praying for some time to be able to find a way to put our kids back into private Christian education. We have been there before but the cost was just too much for us on one income. When I was working, it was fine, but when the Lord made it very clear to both of us that I needed to be home with the kids for a while, it meant that private school was out.

We tried homeschooling for a year. Loved it and hated it. I am sure if you ask any HONEST homeschooler, you will get the same answer. There are days that I wondered why I hadn't been doing this all along. There were days when it was such an amazing blessing for our family. And there were days when I was prepared to have myself committed. After one year of homeschooling, we decided that maybe public school wasn't so bad after all. :)

Well, public school also had its pros and cons. But our hearts knew that our children belonged at our previous Christian school. We just had no way to know how we were going to pay for private education for 3 kids! That is when God stepped in...

Through some intricate workings from our Lord, He opened up a position at the very school we have been wanting to get into. So, I jumped at it. Now I am not only working and able to send the kids there, but I get to go with them to school every day and go home with them at the end of their day. I also get to be right down the hall and know all their friends and teachers. LOVE IT!

The kids are loving being back here and Sam is so excited to start this fall. Thank you Lord for such sweet provision!

No comments: